While your skin may have adverse reactions to certain metals, gold is a wonderfully inert metal that even the most sensitive skins do not react to. However, it is often combined with other metals such as lead or silver though when making jewellery, and these metals are not as non-reactive as gold. This can cause jewellery to lose shine over time. Additionally, pieces that are worn regularly can become dirty due to exposure to sweat, chemicals in soap, etc. Here are some tips to ensure that the gold you love retains its allure.
Use these simple tips to clean your gold jewellery and preserve it for the future- both yours and the next generation's.
Household ammonia ranges in concentration by weight from 5 to 10%. You don’t need higher strength solutions for home use. Never mix ammonia with bleach, or any product containing chlorine - the combination produces toxic fumes that can be deadly if inhaled. Always work in a well-ventilated space. Wear rubber gloves and avoid getting ammonia, or other cleaning agents on your skin or in your eyes. Always store ammonia out of the reach of children.
Gold-filled jewellery consists of a solid layer of gold mechanically bonded to a base. The base may be made either of sterling silver or some other metal.
Enter an amount to find out its value in gold
Please enter numeric amount
of gold today