সোনার দাগ দাম
একটি স্পট মূল্য হ'ল তাত্ক্ষণিক অর্থ প্রদান এবং সরবরাহের জন্য চুক্তিবদ্ধ পণ্য এক্সচেঞ্জগুলিতে কেনা বা বিক্রি হওয়া সম্পদের জন্য ওঠানামার বাজার মূল্য। সোনার স্পট দাম সর্বাধিক পরিমাণের সাথে সামনের মাসের ফিউচার চুক্তি দ্বারা নির্ধারিত হয়।
Note : MCX gold spot price includes all taxes and levies related to import duty but excluding GST.
The LBMA and MCX spot prices are for 995 purity of gold.
24 কে সোনায় এর মান খুঁজে বের করতে একটি পরিমাণ লিখুন।
সংখ্যা পরিমাণ লিখুন দয়া করে
How is the domestic price of gold determined in India?
Seen as a global currency, gold price changes almost daily and is dependent on various factors. Let's understand the process of how the gold price is calculated and what determines gold prices in India.
- The London Bullion Market determines the spot price or the current market price of gold.
- A nominal transaction charge of around 0.15% (including banks commission and overseas supplier premia) by importing banks is then added to the retail price.
- Adding the bank margins to London Bullion Market's spot price helps determine the metal's value.
- Its price is later converted to Indian rupees as per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines.
- Once its value is determined in Indian currency, custom duties are levied to arrive at a landed price.
- Other factors, like premia/ discount on the landed price, market trends and government policies also determine the spot price of gold in the Indian market.
- Before gold bar and jewellery-makers add their production cost, gold bullion and jewellery are subjected to state taxes, such as GST.
- End consumers also have to bear other costs like labour cost, wastage charges, and making charges. There is also 3% GST (applied on gold price + making charges).
To know more, you can watch this video.
How do you calculate tax on gold?
When buying gold, there are certain taxes that come into play. Here are some of the ways that tax on gold is calculated:
- Imported gold, primarily gold bars, is subject to 10.75% customs duty.
- From 1 July, 2017, GST of 3% is applicable on custom duty, which is borne by the end consumer.
What are things to consider while buying gold?
Gold can be bought offline and online, depending on the kind of gold you choose to buy. More importantly, it can be purchased easily, which makes it an excellent investment option.
However, there are several factors to consider while buying gold:
- Cost per gram: One of the first steps when buying gold is to find out the current price per gram. You can find this price on My Gold Guide’s live price page, Indian Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA), and the Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited (MCX).
- Purity level: Gold is available in different purity levels - 14, 18, 22, 24 karats, and more. The price of gold you buy depends on the purity level you choose.
- Certification of genuineness: Hallmarked gold signifies the assurance of its purity and adherence to the verification process set by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standard). The caratage allowed under mandatory hallmarking as per BIS guidelines include 14k, 18k, 20k, 22k, 23k, and 24k.
- Other charges: When buying gold jewellery, it is also essential to find out additional costs, like making charges (i.e. labour charges and wastage charges). These prices may vary depending on the gold and from one seller to the other.
- Buyback terms: It is also a good idea to examine the seller's buyback terms and find out the buyback price for gold, i.e. how much the seller would be willing to offer you if you wanted to return the gold at a later date.
What are the factors that affect the price of gold?
Foreign markets heavily influence the gold price. As India is one of the world's largest importers of gold, any changes in its price worldwide can have a considerable impact on the price of gold in the country.
Gold price is also affected by foreign exchange rates, interest rates, inflation, and Central Bank gold purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes a change in the price of gold?
Why is there a difference in price of gold on web and at the jewellery store?
My jeweller is showing a different price of gold. Who do I trust?
Where can I check the current gold rates?
How do I distinguish between the gold rate & wastage + making charges?
Are making charges different for different jewellery items and even different across shops?
How do I check about the buyback terms?
What is LBMA?
Is the buyback period different for different jewellers? (If a buyer changes his/her gold dealer)
How much gold can I legally own?
There is no limit (provided you can prove the source of income and produce purchase receipts). In case you do not have proof then in case of tax raid the limit for gold ownership for unmarried women is restricted to 250 grams, for married women it is 500 grams and for men, it is 100 grams.
Do I have to pay taxes when I buy gold? What are the tax rates on gold?
How to calculate price for jewellery
How does GST impact gold & gold jewellery price?
What factors impact the gold price in India?
Do sellers base their buying and selling prices on current gold rates?
Are the gold prices on My Gold Guide and a jewellery store the same?
Do gold sellers offer a better price if I pay by net banking or cheque versus a credit/debit card?
How can I follow the gold price?
What is the Gold Fix?
Is there a price discount if I buy large quantity of gold?
Some jewellers may offer a discount on making charges if you purchase a large quantity of gold from them. This policy, however, varies from jeweller to jeweller.
Does gold price for me depend on my method of payment?
Gold price is fixed and does not depend on your method of payment.
Are prices for gold bars & coins different?
The per gram price gold for the same purity is the same regardless of the form. Gold bars are generally available in larger denominations than gold coins and hence are seen as more expensive. However, making charges are levied on gold coins. So, when you sell gold bars, you get back the entire value of gold while making charges are deducted in case of gold coins.