Published: 20 Aug 2019
The significance of buying gold on Pushya Nakshatra
Pushya Nakshatra is an auspicious time to start new ventures, make new investments, or purchase high-value items such as gold jewellery, property, automobiles, etc., as this day is believed to bring good luck.
Read on to learn more about the auspicious days of Pushya Nakshatra 2022.
- Pushya is one of the 27 nakshatras or constellations in Hindu astrology. The word ‘pushya’ means to nurture, strengthen, or multiply. The day of Pushya Nakshatra is believed to be highly auspicious to make a significant investment or start a new venture.
- Since the alignment of stars on this day is favourable according to Hindu mythology and is believed to result in prosperity, it brings success and happiness. If the day falls on a Thursday or Sunday, it is known as Gurupushyamrut Yoga and is considered even more auspicious.
- The goddess of wealth and prosperity (Lakshmi) was born on Pushya Nakshatra.
- Gold is considered to be a tangible representation of Goddess Lakshmi's blessings. Purchasing gold in any form on this day is believed to usher in prosperity and provide good returns in the long run.
- In 2022, there are 13 days when the occasion will be celebrated. Of these, 10 are Pushya Nakshatra while three are of Gurupushyamrut Yoga.
- The dates for Pushya Nakshatra in 2022 are:
|MONTH||DAY||BEGINS FROM||ENDS AT|
|January 18||Tuesday||04:37 AM, January 18||06:43 AM, January 19|
|February 14||Monday||11:53 AM, February 14||01:49 PM, February 15|
|March 13||Sunday||08:06 PM, March 13||10:08 PM, March 14|
|April 10||Sunday||04:31 AM, April 10||06:51 AM, April 11|
|May 7||Saturday||12:18 PM, May 7||02:58 PM, May 8|
|June 3||Friday||07:05 PM, June 3||09:55 PM, June 4|
|Friday||01:07 AM, July 1||03:56 AM, July 2|
|July 28||Thursday||07:05 AM, July 28||09:47 AM, July 29|
|August 24||Wednesday||01:39 PM, August 24||04:16 PM, August 25|
|September 20||Tuesday||09:07 PM, September 20||11:47 PM, September 21|
|October 18||Tuesday||05:13 AM, October 18||08:02 AM, October 19|
|November 14||Monday||01:15 PM, November 14||04:13 PM, November 15|
|December 11||Sunday||08:36 PM, December 11||11:36 PM, December 12|
*Subject to change as per location.
- • The dates for Gurupushyamrut Yoga 2022 are:
|MONTH||DAY||BEGINS FROM||ENDS AT|
|July 1||Thursday||01:07 AM, July 1||05:49 AM, July 1|
|July 28||Thursday||07:05 AM, July 28||05:57 AM, July 29|
|August 25||Thursday||06:00 AM, August 25||04:16 PM, August 25|
Significance of buying gold on Pushya Nakshatra
You've probably heard from your elders that you should buy gold during Pushya Nakshatra. Here's why:
- It's auspicious: As per the Hindu calendar, Pushya Nakshatra is one of the most auspicious days to purchase gold and silver.
- It has historical significance: People have been buying gold when the moon transited Pushya since antiquity. Since Pushya is associated with wealth, buying gold during Pushya Nakshatra is a smart decision.
- You get attractive discounts: Because Pushya Nakshatra is regarded as a good time for business growth by gold dealers, several of them offer substantial discounts on this day. You may take advantage of this opportunity to purchase high-quality items at a lower cost.
- It's a worthy investment: Gold is an excellent investment option that yields fruitful results, often serving as insurance in difficult times. You can buy jewellery, coin, bars, etc., or even invest in digital gold, gold ETFs, etc.
So, make the best of these auspicious days and plan your gold purchase.