8 Most valuable Gold Items: from gadgets to accessories
All that glitters is not gold, but these 8 items definitely are.
Here are the 8 most valuable gold items across the world.
- Gold and black diamond smart phone
Use location: China
Price: $15 Million
Inventor: Stuart Hughes
- A Chinese billionaire owns this beauty made with 24-karat solid gold weighing 135 grams
- An upgraded version of this phone is expected to be priced at $23 million
- Supercomplication gold pocket watch
First Use Location: New York, USA
Price: $24 Million
Inventor: Patek Philippe
- An outcome of a competition between two friends, this opulent watch proves that time is indeed precious
- The name of the watch, Supercomplication, is attributable to the fact that it is one of the most complicated mechanical pocket watches ever created
- Also known as calibre 89, the watch weighs a pound and is 73.2mm wide in gold.
- White gold poker set
Manufacturing location: Hertfordshire, England
Price: $7.5 Million
Inventor: Geoffrey Parker
- This poker set made of gold and diamonds takes gaming excitement to a different level.
- The set contains 384 18-karat white gold chips weighing a whopping 12.5 Kg
- Bugatti Veyron diamond Ltd. model car
Manufacturing location: Liverpool, UK
Price: $4 Million
Inventor: Stuart Hughes and Robert Gulper
- It took two months to make this tiny car made of 24-karat gold
- The weight of the entire toy is approximately 7 Kg
- Canadian giant gold Elizabeth coin
Current location: Unknown
- This 100 kg gold coin, featuring Queen Elizabeth and Maple leaf, was minted to promote the country’s one-ounce bullion coins.
- Though the face value of the coin is $1 million, according to current gold prices, could be worth at least $5-million.
- The gold coin was stolen from Berlin’s Bode Museum in March 2017.
- Gold table-top Christmas tree
Current Location: Unknown
Inventor: Steve Quick
- This 2-kilograms golden tree was designed for a fundraising project.
- It is even a glorious tree-necklace combo
- Clic gold reader glasses
Inventor: Ron Lando
- It takes 50 man-hours to create a pair of this 18-karat solid gold reading glasses.
- Golden Phoenix gold cupcake
Location: Bloomsbury’s Cupcakes in Dubai
Inventor: Bloomsbury’s Cupcakes, Dubai
- This confectionery, made of edible gold sheets, is served on a gold-plated trolley and gold-painted cake stand for a better appeal.